You won't catch me peddling fads, powders, or quick fixes to your perfect body and instant happiness. I'm here to give you educated and experienced advice that overtime will allow you to develop comfort and ease in body and mind.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) certified Personal Trainer
- 500-HR Advanced Yoga certification
- Study with the West's most Senior teachers: Chuck Miller, Jason Crandell, Tim Miller, Tony Briggs, MC YOGI, Amanda Giacomini, Peggy Orr, Rod Stryker, Tiffany Cruikshank
- Study of Lineage: Sivananda School, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Iyengar Yoga
- Certificate in Fitness, Nutrition, and Health: Santa Rosa Junior College
- B.A. Philosophy and Political Science: Boston University
- Outdoor Educator with Orange County Department of Ed & High Trails Outdoor Science School
- Formal study and training in: Exercise Physiology, Human Anatomy and Biomechanics, Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries, Exercise Assessment and Prescription, Circuit and Weight Training Methods
I've worked with a wide range of physical abilities, personalities, and body types. From the novice to seasoned athlete, the stiff to the flexible, young to old; I've tailored training to meet the needs of many different people. Wellness is not one size fits all. It takes an experienced eye to help you find the way into your unique body, but there is always a way in. I am here to help you discover movement and wellness practices that work best for you.
MY WELLNESS RECIPE
Wellness relates to how we treat our bodies and how we see ourselves and the world. The pathway to Wellness is unique for each individual and relates not just to physical fitness but also to mental health. I encourage my students to cultivate practices that facilitate balance, ease, and grace in daily life. Consistency in these practices overtime leads to a greater sense of self, physical and mental health.
Lasting health and wellness requires mixing different ingredients to find the perfect recipe for you. I combine the tools of yoga practice, meditation, and exercise science to guide people to a life with greater ease, contentment and balance. I share time-tested advice and encourage you to listen to, find confidence in, and seek guidance from your greatest teacher, YOU!
*I am not a licensed mental health professional, medical doctor or physical therapist. When needed, I encourage my students to seek help not only from me but other qualified and exceptional health professionals.